Dates for your diary, the Festival will be open from Thursday 21st May to Saturday 23rd May 2020 at the Drill Hall, Lincoln. More details soon.
Planning is well underway for this years Lincoln Beer Festival. It’s shaping up to be another great event, but as usual we can not run it without your help!
Jobs include; getting people admitted into the festival, dispensing glasses to thirsty attendees, serving on one of our three bars, assisting the volunteering team, selling products at our CAMRA shop & signing up new members to the campaign on our membership stand. No experience? Don’t worry! Our core team of volunteers are happy to show you the ropes.
Benefits of working include;
- Free Refreshments
- Free Beer/Cider
- Food Subsidy
(Terms & conditions apply)
Any time you can spare is much appreciated be it one shift, one day or more!
Please visit Lincoln Beer Festival Volunteering for the volunteering form.
Volunteers needed on the following days on the following areas, these are the times of the day we need people, you do not have to do a full 12 hours, any time you can offer in any of the following areas is much appreciated, be it 3/4 hours or more!
Festival Set up;
Friday 17th May 09:30-10:30;
4 volunteers for Scaffolding unloading, must be physically fit. Protective footwear needed. Breakfast roll and soft drink provided afterwards.
Monday 20th 07:00-17:00;
6 volunteers for set up, some heavy lifting jobs, some lighter jobs. (Lunch provided)
PM Time TBC;
1 volunteer to go with our Transport manager to pick up Bars and Glasses from Gainsborough and Chesterfield. (Food subsidy provided)
Tuesday 21st May 07:30-17:00
4 volunteers for set up, a mixture of jobs some heavy lifting jobs (not as much as Monday), some lighter jobs. (Lunch provided)
Wednesday 22nd May 09:00-17:00
1-3 volunteers to make sure we are all set for a smooth opening on Thursday Morning (Lunch provided)
- Thursday 23rd May
- Cider Bar 18:00-Close 1 volunteer
- Door 16:00-20:00 1 Volunteer
- Products/Membership 19:00-Close 1 volunteer
- Glasses Counter 18:00-19:00 2 volunteers /19:00-Close 1 volunteer
- Friday 24th May
- Ale Bar 18:00-Close 8 volunteers
- Door 12:00-13:00 1 volunteer / 17:00-Close 1 volunteer
- Products/Membership 16:00-19:00 1 volunteer
- Glasses 16:00-Close 1/2 volunteer/s
- Saturday 25th May
- Ale Bar 16:00-18:00 5 volunteers / 18:00- close 6 volunteers
- Door 12:00 – 14:00 2 volunteers
- Glasses 14:00-Close 1 volunteer
- Take Down
- Sunday 26th 8 fit volunteers that can move scaffolding
- Tuesday 28th 2-3 volunteers to load scaffolding (Breakfast roll and soft drink provided)
The Mayor of Lincoln, Cllr Keith Weaver officially opens the 2018 Lincoln Beer Festival by pulling a pint of the festival beer, watched by festival organiser Lauraine Compton and deputy organiser John Watkinson.
The Mayor of Lincoln, Cllr Chris Burke, opens the 2017 Lincoln Beer Festival.
Cathedral Heights brewer, Steve Marston and Lincoln CAMRA committee member, Ashley Sewell, mashing the Festival ale Tritton Tank, brewed to mark 100 years since the first operational use of the tank, during the First World War. The Tank Mark 1 was based on “Little Willie” (The Lincoln Machine) which was built at William Foster and Company of Lincoln.
The tank-themed beers at the festival are:
- Tritton Tank (the Festival ale) from Cathedral Heights Brewery at Bracebridge Heath.
- Challenger II from Newby Wyke Brewery at Grantham.
- Tank Ale from Pheasantry Brewery at East Markham.