The Mayor of Lincoln, Cllr Keith Weaver officially opens the 2018 Lincoln Beer Festival by pulling a pint of the festival beer, watched by festival organiser Lauraine Compton and deputy organiser John Watkinson.
Planning is well underway for this years Lincoln Beer Festival. It’s shaping up to be another great event, but as usual we can not run it without your help!
Jobs include; getting people admitted into the festival, dispensing glasses to thirsty attendees, serving on one of our three bars, assisting the volunteering team, selling products at our CAMRA shop & signing up new members to the campaign on our membership stand. No experience? Don’t worry! Our core team of volunteers are happy to show you the ropes.
Benefits of working include;
- Free Refreshments
- Free Beer
- Food Subsidy
(Terms & conditions apply)
Any time you can spare is much appreciated be it one shift, one day or more!
Please visit Lincoln Beer Festival Volunteering for the volunteering form.
Volunteers needed on the following days on the following areas, these are the times of the day we need people, you do not have to do a full 12 hours, any time you can offer in any of the following areas is much appreciated, be it 3/4 hours or more!
Festival Set up;
Wednesday 23rd May 3-5 volunteers (Lunch provided)
- Thursday 24th May
- Ale Bar 18:00-Close 5 volunteers
- Door (Admissions) 15:00-17.00
- Products/membership 17:00-24:00 1 volunteer
- Friday 25th May
- Ale Bar 18:00-19:00 5 volunteers 19:00-24:00 6/7 volunteers
- Imported Bar 17:00-24:00 1 volunteer
- Door (Admissions) 16:00-19:00 2 volunteers
- Gate 17:00-18:00 1 volunteer
- Glasses 16:00-17:00 1 volunteer
- Products/Membership 16:00-19:00 1 volunteer
- Saturday 26th May
- Ale Bar 17:00-19:00 5 volunteers, 19:00-21:00 6, 21:00-close 7 volunteers
- Imported Bar 12:00-15:00 2 volunteers
- Gate 17:00-20:00 1 volunteer
- Door 11:15-13:00 1 volunteers, 16:00-18:00 2 volunteers, 18:00-21:00 3 volunteers
- Products/Membership 17:00-19:00 1 volunteer
- Glasses Counter 18:00-24:00 2 volunteers
- Take Down
- Sunday 27th 8 volunteers that can move scaffolding
- Tuesday 29th 5 volunteers to load scaffolding (Breakfast roll and soft drink/coffee provided)
The Mayor of Lincoln, Cllr Chris Burke, opens the 2017 Lincoln Beer Festival.
Cathedral Heights brewer, Steve Marston and Lincoln CAMRA committee member, Ashley Sewell, mashing the Festival ale Tritton Tank, brewed to mark 100 years since the first operational use of the tank, during the First World War. The Tank Mark 1 was based on “Little Willie” (The Lincoln Machine) which was built at William Foster and Company of Lincoln.
The tank-themed beers at the festival are:
- Tritton Tank (the Festival ale) from Cathedral Heights Brewery at Bracebridge Heath.
- Challenger II from Newby Wyke Brewery at Grantham.
- Tank Ale from Pheasantry Brewery at East Markham.
The latest issue of the branch magazine, ImpAle, is now available to download and will be appearing in local pubs soon.