Lincolnshire CAMRA’s Pub of the Year, our very own Dog and Bone, John Street, Lincoln, has done it again! Blowing the competition out of the water, taking the crown of East Midlands Pub of the Year for 2014!
The other pubs in contention were:
• Derbyshire: Furnace Inn, Derby
• Leicestershire (inc. Rutland & Northamptonshire): Free Trade Inn, Sileby.
• Nottinghamshire: Horse & Jockey, Stapleford
Landlords Chris and Sarah Sorrell are over the moon after progressing to the last 16 in the competition.
Sarah says of their customers “We could not be happier and want to thank you all so much for supporting the Dog and Bone, the community and friendly atmosphere you create make it a special place. Just so overwhelmed!”
They will go up against:
- Central Southern Region: 5 Bells, Wickham, Berkshire.
- East Anglia Region: The Victoria Inn, Colchester.
- Kent Region: The Windmill, Sevenoaks Weald, Sevenoaks.
- Merseyside & Cheshire Region: The Freshfield, Freshfield, Formby.
- Scotland / Northern Ireland: The Steam Packet Inn, Isle of Whithorn, Scotland.
- West Pennines; Prince of Wales Foxfield, Cumbria.
- North East Region: The John Bull, Alnwick, Northumberland.
- Greater London Region: The Door Hinge, Welling.
- Greater Manchester Region: The Harewood Arms, Broadbottom.
- Yorkshire Region: The Kelham Island Tavern Sheffield, South Yorkshire.
- Surrey & Sussex Region: Surrey Oak, Parkgate, Newdigate.
- Wales Region: The Pilot, Mumbles, Swansea.
- West Midlands Region: The Beacon Hotel, Sedgley, Dudley.
- Wessex Region: The Lamplighter, St Helier.
- South West Ham: The Salutation Inn, Berkley, Gloucestershire
Editor of The Good Beer Guide 2015, Roger Protz, said of the final 16,
“Being named as one the top 16 pubs in the UK is a huge honour that each of these pubs should be hugely proud of. These pubs have won their branch’s Pub of the Year, then gone on to win the regional competition, and now have a chance of being crowned National Pub of the Year – making every one of them a winner in their own right.”
The National Pub of the Year for 2014 (chosen from the above finalists) will be announced in February 2015.